Why is everybody taking these cold ass showers?
- Since the cold shower trend is amongst us, I thought I would share some of my experience and cover some of the various benefits that have come with them.
- I have used cold showers at many points in my life when I felt “comfortable,” and to help alleviate anxiety and depressive symptoms.
- Lately, life has been going pretty fucking awesome, which I’ve used as an excuse to remain “warm.”
- However, with it now being summer, I will be incorporating them again.
What I’ve noticed?
- You will forget about the boss who pissed you off.⠀
- The bullshit credit card bill you forgot to pay.⠀
- That asshole neighbor who won’t stop blaring shitty music..⠀
- You’ll be thinking about the moment and that moment only.⠀
- Cold Showers test not only your mental stamina but can induce a sort of meditative/ flow state as well. ⠀
1) Increased Alertness. …⠀
2). Refines Hair and Skin. …⠀
3). Improves Immunity and Circulation.
4) Stimulates Weight Loss (via cold thermogenesis, BUT, a caloric deficit is still needed, Brenda…)
5) Can aid in recovery.
6) Eases Stress. …⠀
7) Relieves Depression.⠀
8) Reduces Systemic Bitch Ass-ness.⠀
How to implement?.⠀
I prefer to count out three minutes, using breathing as a timer.
Deep, second long breaths, equalling 210 breaths.⠀
If you’re struggling with this, start off with what is called a contrast shower. 30 seconds all-out cold, then back to a comfortable temperature, and repeat. Do this until you are able to do the entire thing cold. You will adapt faster than you think.
Anyone else use cold showers? How have they helped you? Comment below!